Sunday, October 19, 2008

Great and interesting day

So i spent today with Bernadette, she is very nice and her story is very interesting. She basically traveled around the world selling crepes out of a camper and after 20 years she decided to open her own spot where she is from. Her place is big and she is building onto it after this week. I would love to add photos but i dont want to play with her computer too much, i will put them up in Paris.

Unfortunately I had a really bad allergy attack last night and i dont know what the allergy is, maybe one of the 50lb wool blankets i was using. Luckily i brought 2 24 hour zyrtec, hopefully that will get me thru. its definitely something in the room because i was fine today.

Today there were some guests and now that its the low season Bernadette doesnt have her usual five empoyees so i got to step in. It was fun and one family was English so i could at least understand them. I think Bernadette was quite impressed with my waitressing skills and comfort in the kitchen, i really enjoyed it and we worked well together. I got some laughs out of her. When the guests left she offered me a crepe and either red wine or cider, i took the cider. She told me a bit about her life and we talked a little about mine. After that we went to an expo for home goods, she is still working on getting her hotel together. Then she took me to this really cute area where the houses are old and made out of stone[they looked like all the others to me but apparently they are different]. The place is called character something or other, i supposed it did have a certain authentic charm.

We came back around 6 and the other students arrived one after the other. One girl a little younger than me and two men a bit older, THEY ALL SPEAK ENGLISH, thank goodness. I just got back from an hour walking on the beach. I found a little bar/shop and spoke with a nice girl who works there. The bar is right on the water. This place reminds me a little of San Francisco. Lots of people doing water sports; including surfing, i was surprised by that. There is a certain bohemian vibe here as well. Everyone kind of looks like its still 1970. Of course when you travel and see different people you dont know if they are going for that look or if they just havent caught up yet??? hahahahaha[still cant find that damn exclamation mark].

I thought i was going to gain weight here but it looks like im losing it. We were supposed to bring our own stuff to cook, very European way of traveling. Well I didnt think about sitting in the room cooking with a hot pot, apparently everyone else did. Bernadette keeps offering me pasta and yogart and fruit but i dont want to take too much, mainly cause i dont want to get the possible bill, you know??? I think we might go food shopping after class tomorrow....i hope.

Until next time.

1 comment:

violet said...

HA! You are hilarious as usual! (about the people and their 70's look, not sure if they've caught up yet). Sounds like you are having fun. I'm happy for you. You deserve it girl!
Call me when you get back so I can hear about it.
I'm dying to get out of this country for a while too. I need a fresh perspective on things...