Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Good Vibes

My crepes are getting better, ill post a pic later. Right now Im with the other students in Ameles room having cidre, wine, Charcuterie, cheese, grapes and peanuts, no the peanuts were not my addition. Im acutally understanding a good deal of French and i have no background in it. Gilles and i do best speaking Spanish together and now i realize my Spanish has helped with the French.

Class was intense today and im pretty tired and now I have my classmates grilling me about Bush, ugh, I have no interest. We actually laugh a ton together. Gilles and Amele are pretty funny and Lucille and i get along very well. I keep imaging all of us are in some strange French comedy, a group of people who happened upon each other, well, i guess because they all signed up to take a crepe course in Finistere, the ends of the earth. Gilles is one of those people who is just funny, he doesnt try, he just is and he makes you laugh until you are in tears. Tonight he bought horse meat to cook in butter, i think ill try it, im curious. We're all having a lot of fun. Bernadette is also a ton of fun, she laughs easily and seems to understand everyones idiosyncracies and they thrill her.

Its a great trip, good vibes all around. Im also loving making crepes. Today i made myself a sweet crepe with caramel and chocolate, yum!

1 comment:

violet said...

Damn girl! You'd better get yourself out here to California and make me some of those crepes!